Wednesday, June 4, 2008

one more...

from Jack's first friend sleepover. The boys were up early and were running around with water guns in PJs laughing and laughing - so fun for them and for me to watch. I really do love this age. Miles and Jack have very similar interests and had a ball together. Still little enough to be funny and cute. But very independent. Easy, easy sleepover. Our little playgroup reunion BBQ that afternoon was also fun. Lots of trampoline jumping (by the kids.) Of course I took not a single pic. Addie, Jess and Miles also enjoyed going to the barn to watch a little bit of Emma's horseback riding lesson. Emma loved the audience and the kids ooohed and ahhed enough as she rode around to make her feel cool. Again, no pics. Didn't even bring my phone. Too bad because they looked super cute all lined up watching. And Emma looked very proud and teachery rather than show-offy. It was fun to watch. And fun to be there with little "big" kids. No running around or chasing after them or trying to keep them quiet (like if I brought 3 year olds) they were all so good. But they are still little enough to love being around animals and be impressed with their big kid friend's (limited) skills. Pretty cool watching all these kids grow. I often notice the changes more in my friends' kids than in my own. But then I pay attention more and see it reflected in my kids too. Does that make sense? I think the percoset kicked in... :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Cook said...

So cute!! I agree - I am loving this age. It's more what I thought parenting would be...not so much supervision, and you have the freedom to be more of a fun mom. Instead of crazy mom chasing your small children through the store, begging them to not throw stuff in the cart, hiding in the clothes rack, etc...!!!