Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's almost advent calendar time!

Our favorite ones from previous years have been the Playmobil ones. Lego makes cool ones too, but they are kind of hard to find, and tend to be pricey. Actually little toy advent calendars are kind of hard to find in general. One year I lucked out with a cheap Polly Pocket one at Christmas Tree Shops. Last year I couldn't find any cool ones in stock anywhere so I just bought chocolate ones at the grocery store. Not really as much fun. And we still have a bucket o' Halloween candy, so I'd like to avoid more. Anyway, I started looking a few weeks ago and was very pleased to find Playmobil knight and pirate sets at Target. They were initially out of stock on-line. But now they have them! The kids will be thrilled I think. Admittedly, I have a soft spot for Playmobil stuff. When my uncle was stationed in Germany in the early 80s he used to send me Playmobil toys. And gummy bears. Way before either were common here. Funny, the stuff that triggers childhood nostalgia... Oh and the knight one appears to be in the German packaging. Makes me happy...

3 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Oooo, we had the nativity one a few years ago and I loved putting all the boxes together. Hmmm, going to go check these out...

Mrs. Cook said...

Ok, you will have to explain...I thought an advent calendar had little windows and each day in December you open one and there's a little treat. What is this? You build a house and put stuff in the window?? Sorry. No coffee yet..! :)

Mrs. Cook said...

Ok, just looked it up. Light bulb is ON! I found one that Kelly was talking about. I am totally getting one! I know the perfect spot for it!