Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today Show

Nana, Em and I got up early on the last day to watch the Today Show broadcast from Rockefeller Plaza. It was not that crowded when we got there at 6:30, but most of the front row spots were taken. I think half an hour earlier would have done it. The people directly in front of us had a great view and got all the good camera time and shots with the anchors. We did have a very good view though and it wasn't crowded so we could move around. The people near us were friendly and chatty. I just watched our tivoed episode from yesterday with the kids. You actually can see us quite a bit. Next time I would bring a book or electronic toy for Em. (She was a little bored, but in a pleasant, Emma-like way) The kids in front of us had gameboys to keep them busy. I have all sorts of strategy planned for next time. 4th time's the charm!

Mom snapping a pick of the back of Matt and Ann. (Meredith was on assignment)

Mom all giddy about getting her pic.

Doing the outside broadcast right near us. (In front of Lenny - that dude with the hat who is always there)

Matt, Matt, I can almost touch you! I love you! Please don't call security.

the lucky ladies right in front of us

those same ladies with Al

Ann and the kids in front of my mom

Ann greeting Morgan Freeman

Heidi Klum after her segment waving to the crowd

Accidentally found the back exit to NBC studios (next to Nintendo World.) Heidi was swarmed by a bunch of autograph seekers (who were waiting by the not-so-secret back door) as she was exiting to her limo. I think she was autographing this police officer's ticket pad thing. She was super nice. She also posed for a bunch of pics with kids. Emma didn't want to - all shy. She is not a Hanna.

2 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Holy cow!! Great pics! And almost peed in my pants laughing at your Matt Lauer caption. Still giggling.. :)

Mrs. Cook said...

And also - Heidi Klum is a pencil. I mean a PENCIL.